TJ Mott’s Writer is a Windows-based open source application for writing and editing. It’s free to use, licensed under the BSD 3 Clause license, and runs on .NET 5.0.
This software is currently in beta. I am using it, but it’s likely buggy and will need updates/improvements.
GitHub project page: https://github.com/TjMott/TjMott.Writer
Latest installer (version 0.4.0): https://github.com/TjMott/TjMott.Writer/releases/tag/v0.4.0
Microsoft .NET Download (You want the .NET 5.0 runtime): https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download
- Basic word processor with the capability to export to a Microsoft Word .docx file
- Organization system to structure your work, quickly move chapters/sections around, and visualize pacing and chapter/section length
- Plan, prioritize, and track writing and editing tasks with the integrated ticket tracker
- Conveniently store images, documents, Word templates, or any other arbitrary files in the file repository
- Wiki-like system to store reference material such as timelines, character biographies, brainstorming notes, and plot ideas as Markdown/HTML documents
- Search through documents, notes, and tickets
- All data is stored in an SQLite database file
Cross-Platform Support Coming
Right now, the bulk of my development effort is on switching the UI to Avalonia UI which will allow the application to run on Linux and Mac as well as Windows. But for the moment, it is Windows-only.