TJ Mott’s Writer is a Windows-based open source application for writing and editing. It’s free to use, licensed under the BSD 3 Clause license, and runs on .NET 5.0.
This software is currently in beta. I am using it, but it’s likely buggy and will need updates/improvements.
GitHub project page: https://github.com/TjMott/TjMott.Writer
Latest installer (version 0.2.1): https://github.com/TjMott/TjMott.Writer/releases/tag/v0.2.1
Microsoft .NET Download (You want the .NET 5.0 runtime): https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download
- Basic word processor with the capability to export to a Microsoft Word .docx file
- Organization system to structure your work, quickly move chapters/sections around, and visualize pacing and chapter/section length
- Plan, prioritize, and track writing and editing tasks with the integrated ticket tracker
- Conveniently store images, documents, Word templates, or any other arbitrary files in the file repository
- Wiki-like system to store reference material such as timelines, character biographies, brainstorming notes, and plot ideas as Markdown/HTML documents
- Search through documents, notes, and tickets
- All data is stored in an SQLite database file